Your WonderPage will perform as expected.
Your WonderPage may have some performance issues. Consider replacing some augmentations.
Your WonderPage will have performance issues. Please reduce the filesizes of your augmentations.
In general it is recommended to avoid adding a high number of augmentations on a WonderPage. Besides the fact that too much elements (combined with a complex user interface) might confuse the users, this also causes much longer loading times – which will have a significant negative impact on user experience!
For each content element make sure to apply the fullowing rule: try to reduce the file size of the imported element (video, graphics, sound, etc.) as much as possible without having a negative impact on the audiovisual experience. Please read below the optimization hints for different content types.
Our knowledge base explains in detail how to work with images in genARate. There it is mentioned that upload file size is restricted to 3MB. Besides that you should make sure that the resolution of the image is just as big as it is needed in the context of your WonderPage. You should work on this in an external image editor and save the image in the appropriate size/resultion.
The stage size in genARate is 1000×1000 pixels – which means it does not make sense to import an image with e.g. 2000 pixels in width and just resize it in the editor so that it fits the stage. Working with higher resolutions does not have a positive impact on display quaility – it will just unnecessarily increase the download time.
As genARate supports 3 different file formats (jpg, png & gif) it might make sense to experiment a little bit which format produces the best visual result with the lowest file size. This can differ depending on the nature of the image (how many big single colored areas does the image have etc.)
Animated GIFs are very demanding in terms of consuming processing power on mobile devices – therefore the recommendation is to use APGN or MP4 Files instead.
Our knowledge base explains in detail how to work with buttons in genARate. There you can read that an image can be added as background of a button. For the use of button images the same rules apply as mentioned above in the “IMAGES” paragraph.
If a button needs e.g. 30% of the width of the genARate stage (which is 300 pixels) it does not make sense to import a button image with a width of 1000 pixels and just resize it in the editor.
- Our knowledge base explains in detail how to work with videos in genARate. Our recommensation is to wherever possible, try to avoid uploading your videos to genARate studio. Instead please leverage YouTube for hosting your video in a private channel. This offers 2 advantages:
- Your users do not have to wait until the download of the video finishes as YouTube offers immediate streaming experience.
- The YouTube streaming client will then take care to automatically adjust the quality / size of videos to the network bandwidth – this guarantees the best result possible for the viewer.
- Note: we do not validate your YouTube links, so please test and make sure the video behind the link works as expected.
- If you prefer (or need to) upload videos to genARate studio please keep in mind the following hints:
- File size restriction: 20MB (for mp4 videos)
- Our knowledge base explains in detail how to work with 3D Models in genARate. Besides that you will find some additional useful recommendations below.
- Size and complexity
- Model size should not exceed 20MB and the technical limitations of possible polygons are 500.000.
- The recommendation is to not exceed 50.000 polygons in order to guarantee a smooth experience on most smartphones. In practical, you can find many good 3D models offering an appealing mobile experience with around 10.000 polygons already.
- To reduce file size, compress textures and reduce poly count.
- Converting 3D Models to supported format
- GLB is one of the best formats for AR because it offers a good balance between file size and great performance.
- Online tools
- On-Premise Software
- Microsoft 3D Paint
- 3ds Max
Hints for how to export 3D models from various software and how to import them correctly into genARate can be found here
- Places to find 3D models
- Test your model
- Different 3D modeling tools encode differently during the export – this leads to different rendering results when viewing the 3D models with genARate Studio.
- To verify and confirm there are no issues with geometry or textures use https://gltf-viewer.donmccurdy.com
- From a file-format perspective we support
- Audio quality is normally sufficient with
- a 22.05 kHz sample rate
- 128 kbps